Technofast Industries have successfully developed the EziTite® Hydraulic Head Nut System to replace standard mantle Head Nuts.
Since the development of the gyratory Crusher, the quarrying industry has sought better means for effective and safely tightening mantle head nuts. Technofast Industries have successfully developed the EziTite® Hydraulic Head Nut System to replace standard mantle Head Nuts. In additions to technical and performance criteria, major considerations of the design are aimed at protection of operators from strike or shrapnel injuries commonly occurring when hammering tight the standard mantle head nut. The EziTite® features an hydraulic clamping nut with an integral sacrificial protective cover which can be constructed according to the abrasive nature of the material being crushed.
- Precise clamping forces are generated by hydraulic pressure acting on a constrained area within the EziTite® nut. Head Nuts are fitted with mechanical locking rings to retain these tensile loads.In the unlikely situation that there is a hydraulic malfunction, a simple patented breaker ring that is positioned between the lock ring and the nut body can be used to release the load on the shaft.
Benefits of the EziTite® Hydraulic Head Nut
- Vastly reduces downtime and maintenance problems
- Improves productivity
- Greatly enhances tool life
- Repeatable accuracy of the tensioning operation reduces product variation
- Achieves faster throughout without compromising product quality
- Minimises risk of personal injury and collateral damage to capital equipment during blade and tool changes
- Threaded locking collar counteracts loosening forces of impact on rotating shafts
- Requires low level of skill for operation