Technofast Industries have successfully developed the EziTite® Hydraulic Head Nut System to replace standard mantle Head Nuts.
Since the development of the Gyratory Crusher, mineral processing industries have sought better means to effectively and safely tighten mantle head nuts. Technofast Industries have successfully developed the EziTite® Hydraulic Head Nut System to replace the outdated, standard mantle Head Nuts. In addition to technical and performance criteria, the major benefits of the design are focused on the protection of operators from strike or shrapnel injuries that commonly occur when hammering the standard mantle head nut tight. The EziTite® features a hydraulic clamping nut and reinforced protective cover which can be constructed according to the abrasive nature of the material being crushed.
- Precise clamping forces are generated by hydraulic pressure activation in the optimised containment area of the EziTite® nut. The Head Nuts are fitted with mechanical locking rings that retain these tensile loads. In the unlikely situation that there is a hydraulic malfunction, a simple, patented breaker-ring (that is positioned between the lock ring and the nut body) can be used to release the load on the shaft.
Benefits of the EziTite® Hydraulic Head Nut
- Vastly reduces downtime and maintenance problems
- Improves productivity
- Greatly enhances tool life
- Repeatable accuracy of the tensioning operation reduces product variation
- Achieves faster throughput without compromising product quality
- Minimises risk of personal injury and collateral damage to capital equipment during blade and tool changes
- Threaded locking collar counteracts loosening forces of impact on rotating shafts
- Requires low level of skill for operation